R32

--=====================_1549185421==_.ALT

You know this argument pops up every year... Until VWoA puts out a AWD
version of the Golf it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to argue which is
better... You really can't compare a FWD with a RWD fairly.

I for one am a fan of the WRX and when the STI version hits our shores
(rumored MY2004) I will buy one not to replace my Scirocco or to go out and
beat 1.8t's, etc... but just for me.

-RGK-

At 10:39 AM 10/24/02 -0400, Jason wrote:
>At 12:37 AM 10/24/2002, Brandon Smith wrote:
>>also please tell me why the 180hp turbo  S Beetle does a 1/4 mile in
>>15.00  completely stock.  what does the WRX do it in? ( i actually don't
>>know....fill me in)
>
> From MotorWeek Online:
>
>Subaru WRX:
>0-60 5.4s
>1/4 mile:  14.3@95mph.
>http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2036a.shtml
>
>Volkswagen New Beetle Turbo S
>0-60: 6.6s
>1/4 mile: 15.3@94mph
>http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2149a.shtml
>
>Having driven them both, I don't like the WRX -- but that doesn't change
>the fact that it's apples and oranges compared to the 1.8T.  It's
>monumentally faster.
>
>Jason

is better... You really can't compare a FWD with a RWD fairly. <br><br>
I for one am a fan of the WRX and when the STI version hits our shores
(rumored MY2004) I will buy one not to replace my Scirocco or to go out
and beat 1.8t's, etc... but just for me.<br><br>
-RGK-<br><br>
At 10:39 AM 10/24/02 -0400, Jason wrote:<br>
Smith wrote:<br>
turbo&nbsp; S Beetle does a 1/4 mile in 15.00&nbsp; completely
stock.&nbsp; what does the WRX do it in? ( i actually don't know....fill
me in)</blockquote><br>
 From MotorWeek Online:<br><br>
Subaru WRX:<br>
0-60 5.4s<br>
1/4 mile:&nbsp; 14.3@95mph.<br>
Volkswagen New Beetle Turbo S<br>
0-60: 6.6s<br>
1/4 mile: 15.3@94mph<br>
Having driven them both, I don't like the WRX -- but that doesn't change
the fact that it's apples and oranges compared to the 1.8T.&nbsp; It's
monumentally faster.<br><br>
Jason<br><br>
&nbsp;<br>
Hey Brandon,<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Before
everyone else jumps in and beats you up... :)&nbsp;&nbsp; <br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>I have to
correct you again -- the WRX is *significantly* faster than any of VW's
1.8T offerings.<br><br>
The WRX hits 60 in the upper 5-second to lower 6-second range.&nbsp; The
GTI is very low 7s.&nbsp;&nbsp; Granted, the WRX has an advantage off the
line due to AWD, but the fact of the matter is that its power-to-weight
ratio is flat out better than the GTI.<br><br>
Jason<br><br>
At 12:12 AM 10/24/2002, Brandon Smith wrote:<br>
8v.....&nbsp; Try driving a 1.8t Golf or GTI and tell me that the WRX is
faster.&nbsp; the 1.8t has VERY little turbo lag, while the WRX has more
than it should.&nbsp; you can get into a baseline 1.8t GTI for a little
more than $18,000...<br>
&nbsp;<br>
the WRX might, take a VW in top end.....like i said....might.<br>
i admit...the WRX can be modded a lot more easier for a faster car in the
end.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Okay i admit, most VW dealerships do suck....however there is this one
badass dealership that does the best of both worlds...Subaru and
Volkswagen.&nbsp; its called Hueberger Motors in Colorado Springs,
Colorado.&nbsp; they are pretty cool about mods too. And they can do the
400hp Rally car just like yours. and fly over a team of japanese
engineers and they bring some cool ass shit with them.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
-Brando<br>
&nbsp;<br><br>
That is cool and all, but:<br><br>
1) The WRX (and other cars) are still faster and<br>
cheaper.<br><br>
2) VW dealerships still SUCK when it comes to<br>
servicing people with &quot;mods&quot;.<br><br>
&nbsp;</blockquote><br>
<hr>