From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Shawn c Meze
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 3:49 PM
To: bbeacock@rogers.com
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Weekend fun

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:03:47 -0400 "Ben Beacock"
<bennyb2k4@sympatico.ca>
writes:
> Melt tires.. they're about 95% done and I'll need 4 new ones next
> spring anyways.
>
> Ben

Oh, in that case you need to air up the tires about 10psi more than you
normally run.
Then you need to get wheel speed. Reving the piss out of first or simply
shift to 2nd will get the tire melted in a fast way.

It looked like in the first video your tire smoke was from dragging the
rear tires. (Ahh the ol' trial and error method.)The 2nd video looked
like you gave up when things got going. having a liquid on the pavement
helps too.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -SS- #30  2001 SDR Solo2 Champion
Scirocco" 84' Scirocco 8V 82' Scirocco RIP 80' Scirocco S 79' "Project
FSP
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!