HELP MK1 suspension problems

Well, I think I did something bad to the '79 yesterday :(

I was not paying attention and I ended up hitting a rather nice large pot
hole dead on with the driver side wheel at about 120 KPH.

When I hit it, it sounded like I ran into a wall. Nice huge BANG, and I hit
the brake, but the car started rocking in a very weird way.  It was like it
was rocking back and forth between the front driver side and rear pass
side.  Almost like the wheels were no in the same plane as the other two
corners.

Even at slow speeds it did this, until about 5 minutes of slow driving
later, I went over another bump and the front end seemed to pop up and
things went back to normal again.

I have not had a chance to look under the car yet. So I figured I would get
some opinions for sat. job of pulling the suspension apart.

The guy I bought it off of put new struts into it (or so he says) and it
definitely has nice new Febi strut bearing/caps on.

Any thoughts of where to look?

I was thinking if he forgot to put the bump stops into the front, I may
have hammered the strut into the top of the cart. and it go stuck until it
worked its way back out again.  Is that possible?

Cory Langford
'86 turbo project - running, just needs tuning :)
'79 daily driver - Restore in progress...
'65 Ghia - The next project in the garage