car does not start...

Ok here we go, car drives me to work and when I go to leave i turn past
accesories and nothing.  Engine does no turn over, thought it might be my
battery and tried to jump it but that did not help.  It sounds as if the
starter is engaging or is that the sylinoid clicking and not engaging?  Any
way the load reduction relay is working(ie the blower motor cuts off when i
attempt to start).  I am trying to deduct if this is a ignition switch
problem, starter relay problem, or starter problem.  I will short the
starter sylinoid today to see if that is the problem.

Any advice is appreciated.
First time my car has left me stranded in 10 months :(
Robert Piwonka