R32

--=====================_35955000==_.ALT

Hey Brandon,
         Before everyone else jumps in and beats you up... :)

         I have to correct you again -- the WRX is *significantly* faster
than any of VW's 1.8T offerings.

The WRX hits 60 in the upper 5-second to lower 6-second range.  The GTI is
very low 7s.   Granted, the WRX has an advantage off the line due to AWD,
but the fact of the matter is that its power-to-weight ratio is flat out
better than the GTI.

Jason

At 12:12 AM 10/24/2002, Brandon Smith wrote:
>WRX faster than a VW??? maybe a 2.0 8v.....  Try driving a 1.8t Golf or
>GTI and tell me that the WRX is faster.  the 1.8t has VERY little turbo
>lag, while the WRX has more than it should.  you can get into a baseline
>1.8t GTI for a little more than $18,000...
>
>the WRX might, take a VW in top end.....like i said....might.
>i admit...the WRX can be modded a lot more easier for a faster car in the end.
>

>Okay i admit, most VW dealerships do suck....however there is this one
>badass dealership that does the best of both worlds...Subaru and
>Volkswagen.  its called Hueberger Motors in Colorado Springs,
>Colorado.  they are pretty cool about mods too. And they can do the 400hp
>Rally car just like yours. and fly over a team of japanese engineers and
>they bring some cool ass shit with them.
>
>-Brando
>>

>>That is cool and all, but:
>>
>>1) The WRX (and other cars) are still faster and
>>cheaper.
>>
>>2) VW dealerships still SUCK when it comes to
>>servicing people with "mods".
>>

>----------
>Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

--=====================_35955000==_.ALT

Hey Brandon,<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Before
everyone else jumps in and beats you up... :)&nbsp;&nbsp; <br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>I have to
correct you again -- the WRX is *significantly* faster than any of VW's
1.8T offerings.<br><br>
The WRX hits 60 in the upper 5-second to lower 6-second range.&nbsp; The
GTI is very low 7s.&nbsp;&nbsp; Granted, the WRX has an advantage off the
line due to AWD, but the fact of the matter is that its power-to-weight
ratio is flat out better than the GTI.<br><br>
Jason<br><br>
At 12:12 AM 10/24/2002, Brandon Smith wrote:<br>
8v.....&nbsp; Try driving a 1.8t Golf or GTI and tell me that the WRX is
faster.&nbsp; the 1.8t has VERY little turbo lag, while the WRX has more
than it should.&nbsp; you can get into a baseline 1.8t GTI for a little
more than $18,000...<br>
&nbsp;<br>
the WRX might, take a VW in top end.....like i said....might.<br>
i admit...the WRX can be modded a lot more easier for a faster car in the
end.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Okay i admit, most VW dealerships do suck....however there is this one
badass dealership that does the best of both worlds...Subaru and
Volkswagen.&nbsp; its called Hueberger Motors in Colorado Springs,
Colorado.&nbsp; they are pretty cool about mods too. And they can do the
400hp Rally car just like yours. and fly over a team of japanese
engineers and they bring some cool ass shit with them.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
-Brando<br>
&nbsp;<br><br>
That is cool and all, but:<br><br>
1) The WRX (and other cars) are still faster and<br>
cheaper.<br><br>
2) VW dealerships still SUCK when it comes to<br>
servicing people with &quot;mods&quot;.<br><br>
&nbsp;</blockquote><br>
<hr>
Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download :