Audi 4000 Oil pressure guage and the dual sender unit

Ditto on my very new shortblock (less than 3K). I'm getting very=
 low readings with the dual sender, and this thing is so tight=
 the starter is about to keel over! And it's not the pistons=
 either, cause they're forged.

I know there are at least 2 different sending units. I also know=
 that the signal they send out is very small. If your connection=
 is not perfect, your wire too big or too small, and/or too long,=
 it COULD be a culprit. I have yet to test this theory, but will=
 soon when I get to swapping things from the 85' to the 87'.

My typical readings were around .5-.1 BAR at warm idle. Never=
 have buzzer, or lifter noise (My "typical" lifter noise went=
 totally away when I installed the head on the new block. Must=
 have been a nice bump in pressure, although my gauge shows LOWER=
 pressure than before).

Joshua

Rolling Roc (10K on rebuilt 1.8 16v with new 2.0 pump) is=
 experiencing this
exact same thing with a dual pressure sender from a Cabbie. I put=
 a single
sender on and the pressures were more what I would want to see. I=
 put the
dual sender back in and am living with it. At least I have a=
 relative sense
of what is going on. No buzzer no worries. I hope! LOL

Rick Alexander
'87 MKII Rolling Roc
'86 Cabbie
'81 "S" MKI G60 in progress