clutch noise?

--------------090503060102020108090701

erg, thats not a good thing  ;)

thanks for the replies. im actually looking for some redline now. i
forget where it is sold.

as for the throwout bearing, will it eventually just seize up and cause
more problems? cause i dont think i could replace it at the moment.

Jorel Jackson wrote:

>I have heard this noise just prior to the transmission
>destroying it self. It's that self machining thing. I
>would advise changing the lubrication right away and
>use some of the good stuff, like Redline.
>

>--- rhys <sik8v@netscape.net> wrote:
>

>>i just noticed a couple days ago that when i push
>>the clutch in, and the
>>car is moving (only when the car ismoving) i can
>>hear a soft whirring
>>sound. kind of like a scraping, but it doesnt sound
>>-BAD- necessarily,
>>just that i've never heard it before.   ie. maybe
>>our clutches just make
>>noise. lol. i've heard weirder things
>>
>>i'm going to pay specific attention to it tomorrow
>>(while trying not to
>>hit anyone while my head is between my legs trying
>>to hear it better)
>>
>>does anyone have a clue as to what it is?
>>
>>thanks,
>>Rhys

>=====
>Jorel Jackson
>web site:  http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jomoj/
>1987 16V Scirocco
>2000 Neon ES
>Ranger XLT

>Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos & More
>http://faith.yahoo.com

http://shopnow.netscape.com/

--------------090503060102020108090701

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
erg, thats not a good thing &nbsp;;)<br>
thanks for the replies. im actually looking for some redline now. i forget
where it is sold.<br>
as for the throwout bearing, will it eventually just seize up and cause more
problems? cause i dont think i could replace it at the moment.<br>
Jorel Jackson wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">I have heard this noise just prior to the transmission
destroying it self. It's that self machining thing. I
would advise changing the lubrication right away and
use some of the good stuff, like Redline.

--- rhys <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:sik8v@netscape.net";>&lt;sik8v@netscape.net&gt;</a> wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">i just noticed a couple days ago that when i push
the clutch in, and the
car is moving (only when the car ismoving) i can
hear a soft whirring
sound. kind of like a scraping, but it doesnt sound
-BAD- necessarily,
just that i've never heard it before.   ie. maybe
our clutches just make
noise. lol. i've heard weirder things

i'm going to pay specific attention to it tomorrow
(while trying not to
hit anyone while my head is between my legs trying
to hear it better)

does anyone have a clue as to what it is?

thanks,
Rhys

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->