WTB: MK1 Parts - BIG LIST of needed stuff...

--- "John C. Worden" <scirocco@powerlink.net> wrote:

> I guess what we need is for a couple of listers who
> need carpets to buy  them from 1A auto and another
> from Jbugs and rate them for everyone.  Jbugs price
> is cheaper, but maybe the carpet is too?
>
> John

We went over this a few months back, but like
everything else it will come around again no matter
what, that's why we're here.

The J-Bugs carpet is actually TMI carpet, it's about
as good as you're going to get without buying OEM. I
have it in my 86 and it looks great, and was easy to
install. I can't tell you what the longevity will be
since mine has only been in for about 1 1/2 years. The
reason these kits come in more pieces then the OEM
stuff is for ease of manufacture, and in my oppinion
the fit and finish is almost equal. I would say it's
probably easier to install the multi piece kits rather
then the two piece kits because you can concentrate on
an area without worrying if another area is being
affected/bunched up/crimped/stretched/pulled etc.

Later...

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting it's turn for resto)
'64 Type-34 Karmann Ghia (Got parts?)
'86 Scirocco 16V
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4