From: "Cathy Boyko" <losinit@usa.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2002 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Re: The Official .Org]

"Josh Able" <mkii@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
Basically a guide I suspect would work best.

>From the "H&R Coilovers are better than cut stock springs" type thing. To
"Granted that BBS kit might be butt ugly, but it is a hard to find item and
it is in good shape". And of course why original paint that is only 98%
perfect, is in fact better than not original paint that is 100% perfect (of
course in the stock class).

I am an official AIS judge (for irises, my other thing, but show judging is
the some ball of wax regardless) Anyway, a judge's manual/set of guidelines/
whatever - can help, but then people would "build to the rules", which may
not
encourage creativity and originality. Any set of rules you design has to be
flexible enough to allow for innovation, but have enough real detail to be
of
any use. But getting input from people who have actually ever been IN a
Scirocco would be refreshing. Whatever you do, encourage less flash and
glitter than I've seen in some of the show Roccs up here, but then I'm
perpetually in sleeper mode, and wouldn't want it otherwise. I miss my
primer.

Cathy