From: "Cathy Boyko" <losinit@usa.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Woo Hoo! just passed smog check.]

John Ringham <jrringha@adobe.com> wrote:
Car is a 1980 Scirocco S. Engine is a 2008 cc 8v hydraulic p&p head with
neuspeed 268 cam, techtonics high flow cat. Smog is based on a 1986 1.8L 8v
motor per the california referee.

Results.

2500 RPM
Max allowed Avg Measured
HC PPM 150 31 0
CO% 1.2 0.2 0.01
CO2 14.3
O2 0.5
RPM 2463

IDLE RPM
Max allowed Avg Measured
HC PPM 120 37 14
CO% 1.0 0.1 0.01
CO2 13.7
O2 1.3
RPM 1003

Seems like the car would still pass the sniffer test if I removed the cat!

- John

So they don't measure NOX there eh? Surprises me a bit ( they don't do CO2
here, but they do the nitrogen oxides) I go for another sniff Tuesday, wish
me
luck.