pics of the shorn shaft

Hum...
I don't get it cause it looks like it's not breaking the spline off,
which is what I expected, but just pulling the end of the shaft off
where the retaining clip is.
So, it's not a twisting force breaking it off, but a tension force.
Sounds like the inner joint lateral travel is being used up (engine not
in the right place, shaft from the wrong car and a little short??) and
pulling the shaft.
Really strange.
Dan