help me please! (long)

------------=_1034221252-23264-0

ever though the short could be cause by a shorting selenoid coil on your starter?

ATS - Patrick Bureau
1985 8v Euro GTX 3A/JH Project
1985 8v Euro GT Project (Daily Drive)
http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco/
http://www.texassciroccoteam.org/

--- message from Sebastian <smash593@shaw.ca> attached:

Free email, forums and features for events, clubs and cars. Show Pride in Your Ride with a yourname@vwmail.net address from http://www.vwmail.net

------------=_1034221252-23264-0

From: Sebastian <smash593@shaw.ca>
Subject: help me please! (long)
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Sender: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 20:47:25 -0700

--Boundary_(ID_vYzQ4t7jdK7hX+ZHUlcbXA)

ok ive had enough of this peice of crap i own, im desperate with no =
answers. ive gone through 4 ignition switches, and a starter. heres the =
deal please help me if you can.

Ok it first started one day when my car wouldnt start, i replaced the =
ignition switch and it worked for a day, then it wouldnt work again. i =
bought that ignition switch used so i assumed it was sho tanyways, so i =
replaced it with a new ignition switch. the new switch lasted a few days =
and burned, and all the wires melted with it. then i knew i had a short. =
so i tracked through the wires and found at the fuse box the idiot that =
owned the car had tapped for his alarm right at the ignition(red/black =
wire) at the fuse box. so i cut out his wire and recrimped the wire =
properly. ok so i checked for current at plug D pin 24 and i kept =
getting a low voltage. so i looked at plug B pin 8 and the pin and plug =
were really corroded. so i cleaned them out and hooked it up again, and =
walla i got 12 volts at pin D plug 24. so i was happy, and the starter =
was working. now today again its not working, just stopped for no =
apparent reason. where could i be getting a current loss? please help me =
any suggestions are helpful, im really starting to hate vw's. please =
dont make me sell the scirocco.=20

thanks!=

--Boundary_(ID_vYzQ4t7jdK7hX+ZHUlcbXA)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>ok ive had enough of this peice of crap i own, im
desperate with no answers. ive gone through 4 ignition switches, and a starter.
heres the deal please help me if you can.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Ok it first started one day when my car wouldnt
[...]
sell the scirocco. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>thanks!</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_vYzQ4t7jdK7hX+ZHUlcbXA)--