FS in Cincinnati: One owner 84 GTI, unhit (not mine)

The Good: (see the link below for pics)

-One owner since new.  The owner, a friend of mine, is 54 and
childless, so this car wasn't abused.
-Very well mechanically maintained - drive anywhere right now, no
kidding.
-All maintenance records including Bentley
-No a/c, but sunroof.
-NEVER hit - really no dings that I noticed.
-All original paint (Silver)
-New windshield (replaced 2 weeks ago)
-Has aftermarket stereo and alarm, all working.  Otherwise, 100%
original except maintenance items.
-Carpets are super
-Back seat is perfect
-Original spare and jack still in well
-Has original golf ball shift knob (in glovebox, it's perfect)
-Recent clutch, cable, PS halfshaft, radiator, shift linkages, more.
-Tokicko gas shocks - original springs, this thing is TIGHT.  Nice
ride.
-Daily driver until last week when my friend's wife (the main driver)
took delivery of her 2nd GTI, a 2003 VR6
-All factory GTI and other trim present.
-I drove it today.  Mechanically it's great.  Good engine mounts, strut
bearings, wheel bearings, brakes, etc.  This thing is very reliable and
needs nothing to start using every day.

The Bad:  (see the link below for pics)
-odometer stopped at 75,xxx, estimated mileage is 140K
-Headliner falling (as they do)
-Rust along front of drivers door, back rear corners, and some small
spots in both floors; floor is fundamentally solid, it's not ready to
break through or anything.
-paint is fading and crazed (as it does)
-Rear speaker shelves have been modified to accept aftermarket speakers
-Front seats starting to go, esp. drivers side (as they do)
-This car was not garaged, so weatherstrip is a bit worn.
-Shifter boot has a few cracks
-Driver's wing window glued shut (as many are)

The URL:  Look at the pics, taken today:
http://w3.one.net/~rapieper/84GTI/

I'm promoting this for a friend, I stand to gain nothing, no $$ or
otherwise.  Just trying to put a decent car with enthusiasts.

He wants $750, I think he's pretty firm.  Email me to put you in touch
with him.

Ron

=====
Cheapass Ron