Drums vs. Disc: was Re: rear camber problems??

Well, rear drums may be lighter than rear discs, but since a large
amount of the drum's weight is on the outer perimeter it's rotational
inertia may be larger. Rotational inertia is a function of weight X
radius^2, so all the weight of the drum at the perimeter bumps up its
rotational inertia despite a potentially lower overall weight.
In any case, whether considering just weight or rotational inertia, the
difference between drum or disc is probably less than .1% of the total
car and probably insignificant.
Dan

Kenneth & Georgianna Robinson wrote:
>=20
> How MUCH less rotating weight is a drum vs. a disc??? This is important=
> me.......somewhat.I may convert to drums if it's significant.Ken R.

The 4