wtb: speedo cable

For the 3.94 (4K, 2H) and 3.98 (F-series) final drive gearboxes, you
want the white speedo gear.  For all others, which are nearly all 3.67
final drive, you want the red gear.  I'll bet a beer that's your
problem.  I'd give you PN's if ETKA was working for me.

The cable itself is generic, it has nothing to do with speedo accuracy.

I do recommend the one-piece cable, and elimination of that goofy
counter box.

HTH,

Ron

--- Tony Morehead <wolfsburg16v2k2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> let me start over,
>      i have a 1987 16v scirocco.  i have an 020 transmission (4k i
> guess) from my old 84 8v wolfsburg R.I.P.  I have a 160 mph motometer
> speedo (that somone half ass put in the 16v before i got it, but has
> been fixed properly).  and finally i have what i believe to be the
> stock 16v speedo cable (that went to an AGB tranny) with the big ugly
> box under the hood.  all i know is that my speedo is off by about
> 10mph and my odometer is off by about 15k miles and i dont like the
> ugly box.
> lets see what info i can derive from that.
> thanx again,
> tony
>  ATS - Patrick Bureau
> wrote:usually the new speedo cable do not have a gear on the end of
> it, you swap
> yours unto th new one.

> ATS - Patrick Bureau
> '91 F250 7.3L Diesel, Super cab, 8 ft Bed, 5th wheel.
> '98 Jeep Cherokee
> '85 8v Prowler Orange Kamei X1 Scirocco GTX.
> '85 8v Titian Red Scirocco (daily Driver)

=====
Cheapass Ron
'87 Scirocco 16'Victor'