From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of brianm@earendel.org
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 7:29 AM
To: bbeacock@rogers.com
Subject: Seat fixing info: [was RE: A2 seats in an Mk1?]

Seats.
Here's what i've found.
the "cool" wolfsburg seats i had in the 87 16v were a combination of 16v
lowers, and cabby yes thats right cabby uppers. two bolts and the seat
comes apart. the lower center was a direct drop in. We all know there
are plenty of early 90 bunny's in the yards.

I had a bad bolster, both upper and lower.
The upper bolster off the bunny was a direct replacement. I suspect that
for the corrado, bunny(topless), GTI, and SCirocco bolsters are all the
same or close enough that only some of the real nerds here are gonna
notice.

Lower bolster problems.
If you have a set of early 16v seats your lower driverside bolster is
prolly trashed. Goto the yard and look for one of those infamous GTI's
or ahem dare i say Bunnies. with the high bolstered lowers. Remove the
passenger side bolster foam and poof.. you have a replacement. Jan
bought a direct factory replacement and its the same. You will notice
that the new bolsters are more vertical than you are used to. THis can
be fixed with the apprpriate application of.. you guessed it Duct tape
.. or my personal new favorite. EB Green...Ask a sub guy... It sticks to
wet metal.

Also you help prevent bolster degradation in the future, if you line the
inside of the bolster with tape it will prevent the metal from coming
thru.and the top will keep your butt from wearing a hole in it. I think
Jan has a picture or two of me redoign the bunny seats.

Also, for you larger listers out there. Does the back of your seat fall
thru. you know what im talking about. It feels like your hunched over.
or the seat back just doesnt give enough support? there is an easy fix.
WHen your replaceing the bolsters on the back cause the metal bar is
digging into your side. Add a second metal ladder support right on top
of the other one. It works like a CHARM.. Brian 2.0L topless bunny..
seats redone.. 2x.. once professionally and once right by me. Hmm im
noticing a damn trend. and NO I dont want to learn to paint, but i might
have to. 88 16v. getting an estimate soon. Anybody got a spare widebody
kit? 90 90q20v. needs the hood repainted.. again and prolly re-alingned.
91 VFR750F ugh i dont want to konw its been sitting close to 3 years.