Legal necromancy and Sciroccos

It depends on what state you live in.  Here in NC, you just pay the $25 registration fee and take it in for the annual safety and emissions inspection.  But in California they really give you the shaft unless you jump through the right hoops before the registration expires.

So, call your local DMV and ask.

Bill