From: "Ken Weidmann" <glxtasy@juno.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 1:44 AM
Subject: Insurance Estimate on My Rocco

> Well the insurance adjuster came out and looked at my car.  Basically said
that it is not a "trailer queen" and that since it is not perfect on the
drivers side (some stone chips and some cracks around body kit) then he
assumes that not all of the cracking around the kit on the passenger side is
from their customer.  He also mentioned that with the high mileage (203k)
that it lowers the value of the car.  He pulled out his value book, and said
that the car only books at around $1300 and the estimate he gave me for
repairs was around $800.  That, after I got an estimate from a shop for
$2300, not including the Hockenheims or alignment.  I told him if that was
going to be their offer, I wasn't going to accept it.  Even with over 20K in
reciepts, 3 magazine articles and a ton of trophies and plaques, he didn't
really care.  Just kept saying that just cause you put  $1000 motor in the
car, doesn't make it $1000 better, just cause you put $800 wheels on it....

> Man I hate insurance companies sometimes!!!!!!!!
>
> He suggested that I would have to go through my insurance, they would send
out their adjuster, give me an estimate and I could battle it out with my
insurance, and then let them go after GMAC for reimbursement.  Not the
relatively low hassle deal I was led to believe I was going to have.  Oh,
and I need to get an alignment soon, cause if I wait, and then try and get
them to pay for tires, they're not responsible because I now know of the
problem and I would be negligent if I didn't do anything about it.  Sounded
like the guy was trying to out legalese the law student!!!!!!!!!