Fuel Pumps

Ok here is my stupd question.  My Golf ahs been dead for about 3 weeks now.
After many years of thrashing and bashing Columbus, It died.  I'm sure it
was giving me clues, like stuttering while driving down the road,  sometimes
hard starting etc.  My question is:  Do Digifant systems use two fuel pumps?
As I can remember it has an external pump which you can hear run, and VW did
a pump recall on a transfer pump.  I don't really remember since I no longer
have the paperwork (shame on me).  Everything else seems to be fine T-belt
is good, plenty of spark, and you can hear the Injectors clatter away.
Please help I need to piss people off

Erik
88 16V (for sale)
88 Golf (Urban Insult Vehichle) (for sale)

Introducing NetZero Long Distance