From: "Cathy Boyko" <losinit@usa.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 5:53 PM
Subject: 1/4 mile times

Well, here's the news from our trip to the track (Sparta) with the new
clutch/flywheel. It's pretty well the same as we've done other times
elsewhere, but this track has always been at least .5 seconds slow (it's
more
like a  back road really) and there was a significant headwind and high
humidity.

Rocco, Denny driving.
Dialed at 15.3, last run at 15.29 @ 90mph. Best 60' was 2.003 (all runs @
71-73 mph), and 1/8s were all around 9.7s give or take. Best RT was .503.
Two
other Roccos, also 2Ls, were around the same (all of us on slicks, all of us
"nearly stock", the bullshit abounds in the staging lanes, hehe) Needless to
say, he dialed too high. This was with a big chunk of the shift linkage
absent.  I think he clinched first in points in his class too for this
season
(NCRA Super class). So we were happy. (unlike every other race this year
with
the slipping clutch, he's had some pathetic dial times)

TDI Bug, me driving.
Too much sitting around and generally not paying attention for me, so I
redlighted. No excuse, I just couldn't stay focused. Best of the day was 19
flat @ a blistering 70 mph, which is better than anything this year, and
lots
slower than last. Since the pump timing is perfect now, I think the chip has
to go back in. And I think I need a second rocco.

And I ran into another lister there, which was cool. Adrian, get that car on
the track next time!

Cathy, slowest "power adder" in the north.