big valve head I.D.

<P>I'm not sure as the engine had been rebuilt before I bought the car. That casting number is the same as mine so I guess I have big valves. As far as engine mods go I already have a 10:1 RD block in the car. I'm waiting to put a 2 liter in before I buy a dual downpipe. I'll probably get one of the flywheels&nbsp;I have sitting around lightened and balanced so I can bolt it on during the engine swap. I still don't have a 2.0L block but I hope to acquire one before cincy 2003.</P>
<P>thanx for getting me those numbers.<BR></P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Was this the stock head that was originally on the car? The last year of the solid lifter head was my year, 1984. The number on my car is 026 103 373 H. </P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Rick Kellner
<DIV></DIV>BTW, planning on any other mods? Right now the exhaust manifold is off my car waiting to put on a 4 to 2 exhaust. I am waiting for my TT down pipe and stainless steel exhaust to arrive from Peter 'The Scirocco'. Also have a larger throttle body, g-cam and a fox intake ready to go on.
<DIV></DIV>----- Original Message -----
<DIV></DIV>From: Anson Clement
<DIV></DIV>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
<DIV></DIV>Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 7:15 PM
<DIV></DIV>Subject: big valve head I.D.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Guess what time it is folks! Yup that's right! Time for Anson's daily stupid scirocco question.
<DIV></DIV>For those of you who are new here I'll explain how it works, first Anson asks an immensely stupid question then you, the audience gets to hose him down with gasoline and light him on fire!
<DIV></DIV>Uh yea so here goes the question, how do you, or I for that matter identify a big valve solid lifter head? I suspect that the head on my sad old scirocco may be of the small valve sort.
<DIV></DIV>Here are the casting numbers
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>026 103 373 H
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I did assemble the engine myself but at the time I did'nt know there were different valve sizes, yup thats correct I used to be even more ignorant than I am today.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Tenk you veddy much
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Anson 86 8v
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. Click Here
<DIV></DIV>_______________________________________________ Scirocco-l mailing list Scirocco-l@scirocco.org http://neubayern.net/mailman/listinfo/scirocco-l