From: "Dan Smith" <sad_rocc@veedub.com>
To: "Jason Adams" <roclist@accessconsulting.ca>; <dyoung413@aol.com>;
<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2002 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: car stereo install accessories

> I don't know. I know people say caps tend to kill bass, but I run 2 amps,
subs and whatnot. I have 4ga wire from battery to cap, then cap to
distribution block. 8ga from distribution block to amps. Works pretty well,
no headlight dimming or anything. I run 1600watts total. Everything works
fine and personally I don't think caps are a bad idea. I have a monster cap
but lightning audio makes an awesome one. You can usually find a 1farad cap
for bout $30 or so, or one with a digital readout (worth the money) by
lightning audio for about $50. They go $100 and $150 or so new. Just make
sure that the screw holes aren't stripped. A lot of people strip them and
then try to sell them so make sure to ask the seller and guarentee it if you
do go that route.

> Dan
>
> unless you are running insane amounts of wattage, you don't need a
stiffening cap, and if you're running 4ga power wire you're not running
insane amounts of power...

> Jason Adams
> Fahrvergnugen Forever! ;)
> 84 rocco 16v
> 93 320i
> 98 Z71

kit, a cap and a 2-1 distribution block. i just got a set of components and
an amp to add to my sub and i need to rewire everything now. let me know
thanks derek

Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag