From: "Dan Smith" <sad_rocc@veedub.com>
To: "Rabbit16v" <Rabbit16v@attbi.com>; "Scirocco List"
<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: bit of confusion on exhausts

> Yes, looks and sound voer performance. Shocking isn't it? Someone wants
something that looks and sounds good, besides adding hp? If you read my
email more, you would have noticed it's a stock car. The difference between
a good looking muffler that sounds decent and some expensive, stock looking,
high performance muffler would be probably equal 1hp, maybe 2. Whoa, look
out. Are you sure you don't need a 500hp mustang instead of a VW? Well,
thanks for the input regardless of the low blow.

> Dan
>
> --- "Rabbit16v" <Rabbit16v@attbi.com> wrote:
> >Your going for more 'looks' and 'sound' rather than "performance"?  Are
you
> >sure you don't need a Honda, not a VW?  Usually a good looking muffler
won't
> >be the best sounding one (as far as my experience is concerned).  If you
> >notice the higher performance and nicer sounding mufflers are the Magna
> >flows or the stockish looking stainless steel mufflers.  Just put a nice
> >sounding performance type muffler on there and dress it up with a
> >conservative tip.  My 2 cents!
> >
> >Dave

I've