bit of confusion on exhausts

Well, that makes sense. For more info, the TT exhaust is 2.25", the muffler is 2.5" inlet, dual 3" outlets. (God I hope it doesn't sound like a fartcan) It seems velocity would be the same as in a stock setup, as the sizes aren't changing, just the restrictions, or lack of. Am I correct? And do others agree that backpressure is a myth?

Dan