[RE: OT, and On T]

I think the list has gotten a bit uptight in some respects (I've been on =
two
yrs), where are the adventures in Mexico and the good old flame wars abou=
anything at all? (not to mention spandax, spam, brakes and typos)

As for on topic and pushing the envelope, I think it's up to the folks th=
at
have been on the list for a while to stimulate this type of thread, since=
 they
have the knowledge to share. We need this stuff! And to police it as they=
 have
always done so well. =

I'm still at the sponge stage, and I can dribble out a bit of info once i=
n a
long while, but am mostly absorbing info. Sorry if I've pushed the "overa=
ll
list mechanical IQ" down a bit. I always felt this was a friendly place t=
learn, so I'd hate to feel I had to calculate the "difficulty level" of e=
very
question before I post it. =

I've often been frustrated with another forum I'm on, since they expect y=
ou to
already know everything, how the heck are you supposed to learn unless yo=
ask? If I was a VW mechanic by trade I wouldn't need to be there would I?=
 (And
even the mechanics might not have had the answers I needed in that case)

So I hit the delete, and read what I like, I don't find it a problem, but=
 I'm
likely one who should post less, sorry if I've wasted your eyesight. =

Scirocco content: My  16V Scirocco is still out to have a new check valve=
 put
in. I'm too busy and incompetant to do it myself. And the MkI is still si=
tting
in the driveway rusting. That was fascinating eh? ;P =

Cathy
1987 2L 16V Scirocco that would likely not run if not for this list, =

and some other large ferrous objects which would be off topic to mention