16v has more power when motor is cold?

--part1_161.17a0983c.2b131c2c_boundary

I haven't heard anyone mention the fuel pressure regulator.  Does a 16V have
one?

"Skip the following if you know how one works."
(On my 8v, the FPR is a thermal/electrical unit.  When you first start,
everything is cold, i.e., full fuel pressure to the injectors.  After a short
time, the electrical heater inside takes over and starts reducing fuel
pressure.  When this happens or when block is "warm", fuel pressure is
reduced.)

I would think this may be a cause for "extra" power when dead cold.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/

--part1_161.17a0983c.2b131c2c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">I haven't heard anyone mention the fuel pressure regulator.&nbsp; Does a 16V have one?<BR>
<BR>
"Skip the following if you know how one works."<BR>
(On my 8v, the FPR is a thermal/electrical unit.&nbsp; When you first start, everything is cold, i.e., full fuel pressure to the injectors.&nbsp; After a short time, the electrical heater inside takes over and starts reducing fuel pressure.&nbsp; When this happens or when block is "warm", fuel pressure is reduced.)<BR>
<BR>
I would think this may be a cause for "extra" power when dead cold.<BR>
<BR>
-Dick-<BR>
78 Scirocco<BR>
Original Owner<BR>
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/</FONT></HTML>

--part1_161.17a0983c.2b131c2c_boundary--