Gas Pedal feels stiff even with a new throttle cable.

do not grease the cable...

you have to lubricate it, use something in the style of a spray (down the
cable sleeve)

I use Prolong Lubricant spray, it make it very nicely slide and will not
collect crap or thicken up when cold.

Prolong lube spray can be bought at any wallmart btw. (its much better than
WD40 that actually destroyes the inside of the sleev and make the plastic
sleeve brittle.