Shift bushing questions again from me.

I figured out how to completley do the shift bushings
(yay for me) now heres my question what kind of grease
do I use on the bushings?  I didn't put any grease on
my bushings since I didn't want to use regular
petroluem since I know it ruins plastic. I also
noticed that since it has been cold outside my 2nd
gear pops out sometimes even with the new bushings and
grinds sometimes, but when the car is warm it tends to
go away.  One thing I notice is when I decided to look
at the shitfer after stressing to find the linkage, I
find it easy to do know, execpt for the 2 bushings
that are medium sized compared to the two.  I needed
another person to help get those in the hole.  I guess
thats the process of learning I

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco