OT Why are license plates always blacked out?

I don't care about my plate not being blacked out
since I have an old NY plate still on my Scirocco from
1990 and I doubt anyone wants to steal my Scirocco.  I
do want a new NY plate just so it looks cool.
--- ATS - Patrick Bureau <txrocco@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
> yeah mine does that if I use a flash ... TX here and
> its worst since I went
> to the customized plate,.
>
> ATS - Patrick Bureau - txrocco@sbcglobal.net

=====