speakers

Don't use foam.  It will squeak like there's no tomorrow.

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of John C. Worden
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 2:31 PM
To: sad_rocc@veedub.com
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: speakers

At 07:39 PM 11/19/02 -0800, you wrote:

>Try the poor man dynomat, go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a roll of
>roofing tar paper. Works pretty damn good and it is weather proof, don't
>us expanding foam that may effect the servicability of the door internals
>later.
>
>Brian
>
>Oooh, good idea. I can use that to fill in all the gaps in my trunk where
>its not covered by dynamat. And the foam did seem a little iffy. Besides
>internals, I've heard stories of it expanding in the wrong direction and
>popping out the panel.
>
>Dan

Foam will expand in all directions, so there really is no "wrong"
direction.  And if you were to spray enough in there, with the door panel
in place, you would pop it right out or off.  Now a foam for doors and
windows wouldn't be so bad as it's minimal expanding, but it's probably
just a good idea to stay away from foam anyway.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'92 Polaris Indy Deluxe