Diesel starter?

Becuase it uses planetary reduction gears, it's not offset, but it is
longer.  This is what makes it a nice choice over the A1 diesel starter,
which has a much larger diameter armature than the gas version, and can be
a bit of a pain in the arse to wrench in, out and around, especially if
you have a crowded engine compartment (like Tobias's)

You're doing well to have made it to the 18th... I usually get nailed in
the first week... :)

Drew

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Chris DeLong wrote:

> I will take your word for it.I havent taken one of those apart before. I
> know this is going to sound bad but the gear reduction starter that I have
> seen are like Honduh starters. They usually have an obvious offset. I
> assumed (yeah yeah) that because the drive came out directly int he center
> of the starter that it only had a permanent magnet.
>
> That will be my one mistake of the month thank you :)

Drew MacPherson - '84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco TurboDiesel