From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Captnbr@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2002 3:46 PM
To: rhock99@epix.net; Scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: 16V problems... Interesting discovery

There are a lot of new cars nowadays that have a "limp mode"  whereas the
computer senses something amiss and reduces power.  Our Sciroccos are not
nearly that sophisticated.  Something mechanical on the car is just plain
"Broke".  I would start with the ignition system first, like Spark plug
wires, coil, distributor etc.   Good Luck.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta Vr6