Will not idle...

I had this problem before but it was easily fixed by
putting the idle boost relay. Now my Scirocco will not
hold its idle at start up and just die immediately. I
am thinking it has something to do with not having an
exhaust because when I drove it before it was driving
fine, but when I did some shift adjustments and drove
it again it would die when I was coasting and it was
making more popping noises than usual. Before when I
let off the gas when I had no exhaust it would only
pop when I downshifted, but now it was poping even
more. I am thinking the problem is related to not
having an exhaust which I will replace sometime.  Oh
and my shifter still feels really loose after doing
the bushings

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco