Mk2 questions

--0-695626702-1037392118=:45839

to get to the resistor pack/blower fan you go in from under the hood(a little bit of under dash work too, nothing horrible).  Remove the rain tray and the HVAC intake, and then you'll see the motor.  Remove the screw, and pull it towards the passenger side to get it out(a little more complex than that, but it's self-explanatory).  HTH-
Rob
 Eric S <scirocco81@vwmail.net> wrote:
Me being the mk1 guy that I am...I know little about the specific stuff to mk2s....IE, heater controls, etc. My new 83 has a couple of issues....

Ok, fan works, but 1,2 and 4 are all the same as 4, 3 position acts like 1. I assume this is the resistor pack going bad? If so, where is it on the mk2s with A/C?

Second, would a late model (large gas tank, mini spare) cat back exhaust fit on the early model (small tank, full size spare) mk2? (thinking no)

Third: The heater controls are whacked. air only comes outta the vent, moving the slider makes no noises (that vaccum "hiss" I am used to on the A/C VWs). And apparently the damn think thinks its in the A/C position......turn on the blower fan, a/c engages as does the radiator fan on slow speed. So, I assume I gotta dig the controls out and see what is broken. Um...how do I do that on a Mk2? Do I have to pull the center console? Does anyone have a GOOD working heater control from an A/C equipped Mk2?

The rest I can handle...warped rotors, brake system needs a bleed or a M/C, new clutch cable is in order I think...this one seems stretched...can't get enough adjustment for the new clutch...it engages WAY too early (like 1/10th of an inch off the floor, ton of free play at the top)...check and re-balance the rear tires...might have something else going on (rear wheel bearing? Something was giving me a rythmic (comes and goes) vibration at 75, not felt in the wheel, but in the butt...whole car was shaking...suggestions welcome here...what does a bad inner CV act like? Similar?). Also, MOTOR MOUNTS! Man....I don't think I've felt a passenger side motor mount so bad before...vibe city at idle and 3200 rpm or so...

Last I have to figure out is, what the HELL that noise is when the car is backed up....someone to walk along side the car and listen should clear that up...I'll check into that on Sunday.

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg
87 Suzuki Samurai JX Hardtop (Soon to be VW Turbo Diesel Powered)