Cheapass Ron's 020 Tranny Case Separator

--- Allyn <amalventano@sc.rr.com> wrote:
> bolt specs may be helpful (something too small may damage the part
> that its pushing against)

The nut and bolt are 3/4-10.  That's so the nut will fit cleanly into
the bore for the TO bearing, and let's the bolt push against the end of
the mainshaft, not getting caught up into its ID threads.

> also, how wide is that channel? looks like 2", but thats a guess.
> what width is that hole?

2 1/2" wide, but that's not the important dimension.  The length is
important, and it can't exceed 4.450".  Make it wide enough to fit a
hole over the shifter fork shaft.  Make that hole about 3/4" for
clearance.

Plate would have been better than channel, but channel is what I had
laying around...

> > Guess where the channel came from?
>
> that the same stuff you used in your rear suspension thingy?

Uhhh...how'd you guess?

=====
Cheapass Ron
'87 Scirocco 16'Victor'