manual steering rack q's...

---------- Ryan H <rhock99@epix.net> writes:

Now I'm just really confused.  OK, lemme make this simple:  I have a 16v Scirocco.  I have a complete manual steering rack (inner/outer tie rod ends + boots) and the u-joint for the steering column both from a Rabbit.  Can I put the Rabbit rack/u-joint into the Scirocco without changing anything else?  Has anyone done this for sure?

No, the rack and tie-rods are the same, but the steering column U joint has to come from a Scirocco 2 w/manual.

The Rabbit U joint isn't even close...

PS - I interpret steering knuckles as the part on the hub where the tie rod ends connect to it.  Isn't that what a steering knuckle really is?

Yup...

PLEASE REPLY TO: peterSPAM@thescirocco.com hold the SPAM and you have my new e-mail address.[mailto:peterSPAM@thescirocco.com]
Please don't reply to the Juno account, and if you must - don't expect a reply.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com