From: "Ryan H" <rhock99@epix.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: manual steering rack q's...

> Now I'm just really confused.  OK, lemme make this simple:  I have a 16v
Scirocco.  I have a complete manual steering rack (inner/outer tie rod ends
+ boots) and the u-joint for the steering column both from a Rabbit.  Can I
put the Rabbit rack/u-joint into the Scirocco without changing anything
else?  Has anyone done this for sure?

> PS - I interpret steering knuckles as the part on the hub where the tie
rod ends connect to it.  Isn't that what a steering knuckle really is?

> > From: thescirocco <thescirocco@juno.com>
> > Date: 2002/11/12 Tue PM 08:38:48 EST
> > To: rhock99@epix.net
> > CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> > Subject: Re:Re: manual steering knuckle needed AKA steering column U
joint

> > ---------- Ryan H <rhock99@epix.net> writes:
> > Aren't the steering knuckles the same for manual vs. power steering?
And wouldn't a rabbit knuckle work?  I just posted an ongoing thread about
manual steering conversion, and the consensus was that the knuckles are the
same for power or manual racks, and that a rabbit unit would work.  Now I'm
confused, Josh.

new e-mail address.[mailto:peterSPAM@thescirocco.com]