Pulling tranny

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 01:44:21 -0500 "William" <drizzet@techography.net>
writes:

> Here is what i'm replaceing:  clutch, pilot bearing, both the small
> and big seal around the pilot bearing shift linkage rods and of
> course the clutch.  I am going to check the fly-wheel and pressure
> plate also.
>
> William F

1) There is no pilot bearing. it has a throwout bearing but its in the
other end of the tranny. Since they are of the wet variety they last a
lifetime. If you must check it, its behind the greenend cap. (replace the
cap.)
2) Dont check the flywheel, resurface it.
3) replace the pressure plate.
4) use new PP bolts and flywheel bolts.
5) There is a brass guide inside the input shaft. (Behind the little
seal) replace it.
6) Now is a good time to replace the shiftlinkage bushings.

If your gonna do it, do it right. :)

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -SS- #30  2001 SDR Solo2 Champion
Scirocco" 84' Scirocco 8V 82' Scirocco RIP 80' Scirocco S 79' "Project
FSP
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com