Tire size

Hi again, folks.  First let me apologize for a lack of netiquette, but a
combination of scirocco.org digest mode and the somewhat bizarre webtv
browser makes it difficult to copy all the replies I've recieved, so a
paraphasing of those replies will have to suffice.

The general concensus on size is that 195s either 55 or 60 is about as
large as I should go.

As expected, my request for brand recommendations brought many and
varied comments:

Patrick Bureau never hesitated, and immediately said Michelin MXv4.

T Berk says Dunlop makes 195-55, which Cathy Boyko thinks are "Yummy".

Brian Haygood likes Dunlop D60/A2, and has heard good rumors about Kumho
Ecsta 712s.  Brian also says don't turn <lurk> command back on.  Hmm,
don't know what to make of that.

Thanks for all the help, now to see what's offered locally.

Later,
Dennis