Those "other" cars

Nate Lowe wrote:

> ok, another story, but this one shorter. I know people on this list
> hate hondas with a passion, but one of my favorite cars I've owned
> was a honda.  It was an '80 accord, slow as hell.

I had a brand new '80 Accord LX back in the day.  Had to wait about
3 months for it, and had to pay $800 over sticker (which at around $8k,
means 10% premium).  By '80 many 'muricans had tired of Detroit iron
that was hideously poorly built, the smog era was in full swing (can
you say 155 hp Camaro Z28?), so people were turning to Honda in droves.

That was really an awesome car.  I drove it till November '82, then
traded it in on - an '83 Rabbit GTI.   ;D

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA