Fears realized - The Curse of the Euro Bumper (kinda long)

--0-1499820427-1036810373=:44591

)&@^$#*&^$#&$)#&$)+#(*&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Had to get that out of the way. I think something else will end up being destroyed before this night's over...

Well, friends - it looks like any thoughts of participating in a west-coast photo shoot are in serious jeopardy.

Not even TWO WEEKS since I have had my euro bumpers installed was my car in an accident. I'm fine - bruised ego and a progressively stiffening back are all I can currently report. But 2 wks??

Basically, I was pulling out of a gas station and had to pull around a lineup of cars to get to the right-hand turn lane. But I couldn't quite align myself with the lineup so I pulled around -  1 foot into a parking lot. Put it in reverse, looked over my shoulder - Nothing (just doing one of those quickie back-ups so I didn't bruise my newly straightened/polished wheels on the curb) - start backing up and BAM! T-boned my euro bumper (not to mention the rest of the rear (right smack dab in the middle). At least 6" deep from the plane of the end of where the bumper would be. Obviously, the bumper's toast. The body? That brings me to the next ?:

Let me just say that I have a pretty sizeable hangup about keeping a car that's been in an accident. Pictures will come tomorrow so you can hold off judgement until then. But I'm not necessarily sure whether I should part it out or fix it (and when I say fix it, I mean JUST having someone pull the body to about where it should be. I can do the cosmetics later myself - I just need to get it primered for a few months so it won't rust (geez, I shudder at the thought). I do not think the frame is damaged, but I can't tell for sure. I'd hate to send another 16v to the grave....  :(   Hopefully, some of you can provide your opinions tomorrow when I get pix snapped (damn, I was just about to buy a digital camera too with the deposit from my rental. F*CK!!!!).

Anyway, just had to get it off my chest. It happened at 10:30 this morning and I've been aching for some sympathy - I've had a day of work that woud rival some of my worst.

All my wife cares about is whether _ I _ am alright. Hell - all I care about is what will become of my 5th Scirocco ;). Will I have to get a 6th before I had intended??

Tell me if any of you suffer from this:  every so often you achieve that plane of happiness where everything seems to be clicking - personal life, job, home - and all of a sudden something sh*tty happens to put you back in your "place". It's that type of gut-check that prevents me from really enjoying those highs because you always know something's going to come along wreck it. Today, for me, it was a 2001 Corolla. Damn rice...

Thanks for listening, Jeff (86.5 2.0 16v status: doubtful)

--0-1499820427-1036810373=:44591

<P>)&amp;@^$#*&amp;^$#&amp;$)#&amp;$)+#(*&amp;!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Had to get that out of the way. I think something else will end up being destroyed before this night's over...</P>
<P>Well, friends - it looks like any thoughts of participating in a west-coast photo shoot are in serious jeopardy.</P>
<P>Not even TWO WEEKS since I have had my euro bumpers installed was my car in an accident. I'm fine - bruised ego and a progressively stiffening back are all I can currently report. But 2 wks??</P>
<P>Basically, I was pulling out of a gas station and had to pull around a lineup of cars to get to the right-hand turn lane. But I couldn't quite align myself with the lineup so I pulled around -&nbsp; 1 foot into a parking lot. Put it&nbsp;in reverse, looked over my shoulder - Nothing (just doing one of those quickie back-ups so I didn't bruise my newly straightened/polished wheels on the curb) - start backing up and BAM! T-boned my euro bumper (not to mention the rest of the rear (right smack dab in the middle). At least 6" deep from the plane of the end of where the bumper would be. Obviously, the bumper's toast. The body? That brings me to the next ?:</P>
<P>Let me just say that I have a pretty sizeable hangup about keeping a car that's been in an accident. Pictures will come tomorrow so you can hold off judgement until then. But I'm not necessarily sure&nbsp;whether I should&nbsp;part it out&nbsp;or fix&nbsp;it (and when I say fix it, I mean JUST having someone pull the&nbsp;body to about where it should be. I can do the cosmetics later myself&nbsp;- I just need to get it primered for a few months so it won't rust (geez, I shudder at the thought). I do not think the frame is damaged, but I can't tell for sure. I'd hate to send another 16v to the grave....&nbsp; :(&nbsp;&nbsp; Hopefully, some of you can provide your opinions tomorrow when I get pix snapped (damn, I was just about to buy a digital camera too with the deposit from my rental. F*CK!!!!).</P>
<P>Anyway, just had to get it off my chest. It happened at 10:30 this morning and I've been aching for some sympathy - I've had a day of work that woud rival some of my worst. </P>
<P>All my wife cares about is whether _ I _ am alright. Hell - all I care about is what will become of my 5th Scirocco ;). Will I have to get a 6th before I had intended??</P>
<P>Tell me if any of you suffer from this:&nbsp; every so often you achieve that plane of happiness where everything seems to be clicking - personal life, job, home - and all of a sudden something sh*tty happens to put you back in your "place". It's that type of gut-check that prevents me from really enjoying those highs because you always know something's going to come along wreck it. Today, for me, it was a 2001 Corolla. Damn rice...</P>
--0-1499820427-1036810373=:44591--