[Re: Insave speed in german cars, etc.]

At 04:34 PM 11/7/2002, Brandon Smith wrote:
>what do you mean you got pulled over....you were in a Camry (it's okay, my
>mom has one too). You could be doing 110mph and it only looks like your
>going 60mph (especially if they are a faded light silverish blue color).....

That's what I thought, too... To make things even worse, it was Gold.  I
thought the car was completely invisible, but I got pulled over more in
that thing than any other car I've ever owned.

>yeah, i got mom's 86 Camry up to 110 once, it was an automatic and 20
>miles sounds about right! (poor car had just turned 200k).

Actually, this one didn't take all that long to get up to 112.  There was a
trick -- it shifted into 4th at 100mph, way short of redline, and would
stop accelerating.  However, if you put the gearshift selector in 3rd, you
could get it to 112 in 3rd, shift into 4th, and it would maintain that speed.

Cathy Boyko wrote:
>Jason in a Camry, now that's an image I can't picture.

Believe it. :)
http://www.scirocco16v.org/110/ticket1.jpg
http://www.scirocco16v.org/110/ticket2.jpg
Tee-hee. :)

I loved that car, actually.  It was an incredible machine for the
money.  And now at 9 years old with 160,000 miles on it, roughing Aruba's
treacherous roads and dusty conditions, it's still plugging along.  It's on
its 3rd A/C compressor, 2nd timing belt, and 2nd set of shocks... That's
all that's ever been replaced other than brakes & tires. It's held up
unbelievably well.

>  Jason's mother? Even
>harder...

Think of me, 25 years older and only 5'2, in drag.  Oh, and with nice big
boobies. :)

Jason