From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of brianm@earendel.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 10:45 PM
To: Daun Yeagley
Cc: Rabbit16v; Scirocco List; jason@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Insane speed in german cars... slightly OT, had to share...

I have done 140 before and its damn fast... i mean really fast. and yes i
konw i was _only_ doing 138, but hey... its still damn fast. if the
painted dotted white lines were not solid.. trust me on this. you were not
going as fast as you thought.. assuming size of dot and space etc.. and
your personal refresh rate for your particular set of eyeballs..
Brian

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Daun Yeagley wrote:

> --- Rabbit16v <Rabbit16v@attbi.com> wrote:
> > Sounds like there's a big flaw in this theory!  Who wrote
> > this anyway?  I
> > didn't see a signature.
>
> Ummm - physics?
>
>   Seems odd that my 2.0l 16v
> > Rabbit hit 140mph
> > without too much trouble,
>
> Uh, right.  Is that what the speedo read?  VW speedos tend
> to read higher at high speed.  What RPM were you turning,
> and what was your transmission gearing?  Plug that into the
> gear calculator on scirocco.org and you'll get a better
> idea of how fast you were really going.
>

> =====
> Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
> '80 S, 81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon
> For Sale: '66 Cessna 150, '82 Scirocco, '82 Pickup.
> Parts cars:  '81 Scirocco, '87 Scirocco 16v - ASK!
> "A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that
thing you just did?  Don't do that.'" - Douglas Adams