Why the Passat? With the Scirocco?

Well I don't have a passat, jetta, quantum or any other VW for a winter
beater.  I'm also not lucky enough to have a Mercades for the winter either.

My rocco is my full time car and I hope to keep it that way unless I change
jobs and my commute time goes over an hour.  In that case, I'll take my
spare Toyota pickup (only used by the wife when the cabby is down or by me
when the rocco is down) and trade it in for a new Tundra.  I have the
perfect all cars/trucks are 2 seaters thing ging on which means I don't have
to worry about friends or co-workings spilling things on my seats or
damaging anything since my cars don't have enough room for everyone.

I've noticed that a lot of listers seem to not want to put many miles on
their rocco's.  I'm the opposite.  I fell into this car, love it and I'll
drive it till it dies.  Then I'll fix it and start all over again.  Might
take me some time, but I never intend to part with it so why not rack up the
miles and have a hell of a time doing it.

So who's gonna help me when I finally blow my completly stock OEM engine?
BTW I'm not kidding, everything is still factory save the plugs, fule
filter, oil filter, thermostat and one coolent hose.  I'm truly trying to
see how far this engine can go while driving the car like it's ment to be
driven.

William Snyder

88' Scirocco 16v
89' Cabby 8v