Very OT: DOS games proformance issues

I lately I have had problems trying to play old dos
games like Warcraft2 and Duke Nukem 3D style of games.
 The screen on my computer would not be correct like
as if the resolution was too high and the screen would
show multiples of the menu.  Its kinda hard to
describe this and thats the best I can do.  My
computer is an AMD k6-2 500 with 192 megs of ram and
an ATI radeon video card.  I was using Win98 when I
had this problem and I tried WINMe, but it did not fix
the problem.  I feel it is something with my video
card.  I have had the problem since I replaced my old
ATI Rage 3D pro.

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco