[tech]: help! moving timing

Any good machinist certainly could install a keyway into the crank.
Once they figure out how to hold and locate the crank - not that tough
-it's just a matter of using the desired keyslot cutter.  I'd reckon a
decent automotive machine shop could do this.

BTW, a weld repair + grind to finish size + install new keyslot is not
out of the question either.  It just may cost more than a replacement
crank.

Ron

--- Rick Alexander <ralexander03@snet.net> wrote:
> I've had two of these cranks with snapped off keys. I got them that
> way so
> do not know what the symptoms are but I can imaging that this is what
> it
> should be like.
>
> I was wondering myself if a good machinist could cut a keyway into
> the crank
> so that a normal key could be used. Any thoughts on this from the
> experts?

=====
Cheapass Ron
'87 Scirocco 16'Victor'