  From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Captnbr@aol.com
  Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 3:42 PM
  To: Scirocco-L@scirocco.org
  Subject: Re: Thursdays Suck.... Bit of a rant (airbag)

  In a message dated 11/1/2002 11:21:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jtoomasson@yahoo.com writes:

  But what was alarming
  was
  >that the airbag didn't go off.

  Don't expect the airbag to go off in most instances.  It takes a large
impact of deceleration for the airbag to go off.  The airbag will go off
when you hit something like a wall, or another car,  causing your car to go
from 30mph to 0 in a second.  I doubt a deer can ever cause an impact like
that.  More likely you hit the deer, it went airborne, and then you stopped
the car.  The deer didn't stop the car.  I hope i'm making some sense
because it doesn't feel like I am.
  Brian 86 16v
  98 Jetta GLX Vr6