more electrical problems?

--0-1769030526-1036115299=:8215

The strut isn't a good ground at all, in fact I don't even think it grounds at all.  I did this once to ground my amplifier(it was a rear strut though), and it didn't work at all.  Then I realized that the upper strut nut is almost completely isolated by the strut bearing, and the cartridge below is isolated by the oil and rubber seal inside it-  ground it to a different spot!  HTH,
Rob
 James Woodward <jimbw1@hotmail.com> wrote:A couple weeks ago, you guys correctly diagnosed my rocc's problem with running as being a bad ground. The problem was it would start but would either stall immediately or not go far without "bucking" when i stepped on the gasI replaced the ground from the valve cover to the body and the negative battery cable at the same time.  When i replaced the battery cable i didn't realize that it connected to the body then to the transmission, but after i replaced it and the ground the car ran great anyway. When it broke down at my high school while doing the same thing as before, i figured maybe it was because i had forgotten to ground the battery to the body or the ground i put in got loose so i went and got a cable and ran it from the battery to a nut where the strut is (was gonna be temporary) but the car still does the same thing with the better grounding. (that is a decent ground, right?) So, what the heck could be the problem? tia James

---------------------------------

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
--0-1769030526-1036115299=:8215

<P>The strut isn't a good ground at all, in fact I don't even think it grounds at all.&nbsp; I did this once to ground my amplifier(it was a rear strut though), and it didn't work at all.&nbsp; Then I realized that the upper strut nut is almost completely isolated by the strut bearing, and the cartridge below is isolated by the oil and rubber seal inside it-&nbsp; ground it to a different spot!&nbsp; HTH,
<P>Rob
<P>&nbsp;<B><I>James Woodward &lt;jimbw1@hotmail.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<DIV>
<DIV>A couple weeks ago, you guys correctly diagnosed my rocc's problem with running as being a bad ground. The problem was&nbsp;it would start but would either stall immediately or not go far without "bucking" when i stepped on the&nbsp;gasI replaced the ground from the valve cover to the&nbsp;body and the negative battery cable at the same time.&nbsp; When i replaced the battery cable i didn't realize that it connected to the body then to the transmission, but after i replaced&nbsp;it and the ground&nbsp;the car ran great anyway. When it broke down at my high school while doing the same thing as before, i figured maybe it was because i had forgotten to ground the battery to the body or the&nbsp;ground i put in got&nbsp;loose&nbsp;so i went and got a cable and ran it from the battery to a nut where the strut is (was gonna be temporary) but the car still does the same thing with the better grounding. (that is a decent ground, right?) So, what the heck could be the problem? tia</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>James</DIV></DIV><BR clear=all>
<HR>
--0-1769030526-1036115299=:8215--