mk1 front brakes?

--- T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
> peter wrote:
> >
> > I just thought of something, I think you have to
> change the brake hoses
> > also.
> >
> > Peter - Bear Delaware 19701
> <snip>
> > No...
> >
> > You just swap in the calipers/carriers, pads, and
> I'd go with vented
> > rotors, since they are really cheap.
> >
> > Btw, they started using the larger calipers in
> mid-'80...
> >

> Yep, brake hoses too.
>
> Also you will need to use the correct length rim
> bolts, too long and
> they catch on the caliper. You'll see when and if
> you swap original
> steel rims for GTI alloys or something.
>
> TBerk
===============
Let me know if you ahve any probs or questions - I
converted our '78 to KH fronts shortly after we bought
it (it now has KH 9.4" vented fronts with A3 caliper
rear discs).

Basically, you just need the carriers, calipers, and
brake hoses (and the discs/pads of course).

Don't know what the steel wheel comment was - almost
all MK1 Sciroccos in the USA came with the "optional"
alloys . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1983 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco "Knife", 1981 Scirocco S, 1978 Scirocco "Miss Spoon", 1987 Golf GT / Yes, I am a moron . . .
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)