i got my rocco working thanks to this list

hey guys well let me tell u about the story of my 88 16v rocco. i got it about a year and a half ago while i was at college. it was so messed up the engine was shot... the transmission was shot... the seats wear messed up... it couldnt idle and getting it into the right gear was a gamble..
so my dad didnt believe that we would be able to do the work ourselves so we gave it to these great mechanics back in ny. we changed 1 engine and just about everything else in the car but the mechanic fucked the timing and that engine blew up... and caught on fire... 2 grand down the hole
so with a new mechanic my dad decided to change the engine one more time... 1 more grand... this time it was a success however i got back from school and worked on fixing the speedometer and some other stuff on the car. i drove about 2 hours without a speedometer and instrument panel working and during the drive somehow the coolant system started leaking yahoo... however without that nice blinking led to tell me i ended up blowing the head gasket... we fixed that with ur help from the archives and scirocco16v.com. 300dollars more
so now my car is about 90% operational.
i use to have problems starting the car and stuff... i used bentley and traced the wires they were destroyed from the engine bay fire and sent a new wire to idle stablizer and now it idles smooth and starts on the first try every time within 2 cranks of the engine...
so i just wanted to say thanks for the help its always appreciated..
brian
1987 vw fox <- may it rest in peace
1988 vw 16v rocco <- its finally moving